Wednesday 31 October 2012

My first Christmas post

Last year I decided that I was going to do my Christmas shopping early. By July it was all done. I had already been told what things the girls wanted, they had already gone through the Argos catalogue and I knew what they needed. I decided to do my Christmas shopping early and enjoy the holiday without having to think about Christmas shopping in November a month when its always raining and horrible and yucky outside I think the worst thing I've ever had to do and personally I think that this is worse than last year when I had no presents to wrap for B was having to give her gifts to charity, a Christmas charity for children who would be spending Christmas without their families for whatever reason. This year I felt like i had this huge decision to make to decide what I was going to do was I going to wait until the last minute so I wouldn't ever have to face even the remote possibility that i would have to do that again or was i going to trust the fact that i couldn't be this unlucky again, that my little boy and my big aren't going anywhere which is something I fear everyday.
Today though, I brought my last Christmas present and saved at least the heart ache of shopping when the carols are playing in the shops children are queuing for Santa and other mums and dads are rushing round trying to fulfil the wish list of their child without perhaps even realising how lucky they are.

4 comments:

  1. oh, my heart breaks to think of you taking those presents to a charity. Those presents chosen with so much love and care. And no B to open then and squeal with delight. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious wee thing she is - I don't think I've seen a photo of Breanna before.

    It is difficult - you have to keep going for the others while you're frantically trying to grieve. We were "fortunate" in that we could completely ignore the first Christmas. Last year was very low key, but M is too young to really get it. This year I feel a bit more optimistic. I think you have the right approach - trying to balance what you need to do with the least painful way of achieving that. Christmas for us was flat last year, but not as bad as the year before. Onward, upward xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just worked out how to include them using the iPhone blogger app. All this technology! :)

      Delete