Thursday 18 October 2012

Lovely letter from tax credits

If you live in England and your wages are under a certain threshold you can sim text credits. For a while Tom and I recieved them for the kids until he got a pay rise and no longer qualified. The last time we recieved them was a while ago at something like £3 a week. Anyway yesterday I got a letter despite telling me that as B had died we had recieved an overpayment of 36.72 and they wish to be paid back by the end of the month. I can't believe the insensivity of the situation or why despite me informing them in writing of the situation they wait until a year and a bit to contact me. I just don't know whether to be upset or angry or indifferent about it

2 comments:

  1. It's bureaucratic BS. We got a similar letter telling us Eva no longer qualified for a small amount of money they gave us each month. We didn't have to pay it back, they just took it off the next cheque we received for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is horrible and callous.

    I am still upset with the local pool. My husband went into tell them C had died and wouldn't be going swimming anymore and the receptionist said - well, if you want a refund you need to inform us in writing. I mean - it's not the money - it is the lack of respect. As though they can't connect with the tragedy - tossers.

    Just found your blog Sally - will go and catch up with it now xx

    ReplyDelete