Sunday 23 September 2012

Awake and raging

I'm awake at 2 in the morning because my husband snores, it sounds as though a freight train is rumbling through my house. That and the fact my boy wakes every 2 hours makes it a long night.

I'm also awake because something that happened on Saturday morning is still making me mad all theses hours later. I was in the supermarket with J whilst she was making her long drawn out decision on what soup she fancied for lunch when we were approached by her old lollipop lady from school. Now this women is blessed with a memory I don't have, she remembers the names of all the children who cross by her on the way to school and quite often the names of their siblings too. Seen as its been a year since she saw her, j had no clue who she was until it twigged with me and I told her. The lady came bounding over said hello to J asked how her new school was, peered into the pram and said 'oh someone was saying you we're expecting again, a little to soon I thought but hey ho at least you have a little brother now j'

Now J has seen me angry and hurt and crying and sometimes absolutely boiling but as a sensitive 10 year old who finds her mum embarrassing at times to bitch slap this stupid women in the middle of Budgens soup aisle wasn't the right thing to do by J. So I turned on my heel and walked out,

I raged about it in my head on the walk home as J ate her chips from the chip shop. I raged about it in my head as I put the shipping away and fed the baby and then J said 'mum why did that women say that?' and all I could bring myself to say was the truth. Some people talk with their hearts and minds connected and some people speak from their arse.

1 comment:

  1. oh man. The idiotic things people say. Don't know what to say to this. I'd be raging too.

    ReplyDelete